Walking together with Jesus 11 – Formation, Forgiveness, Faith
Walking together with Jesus means:
- Receiving and sharing the inclusive salvation of Jesus.
- Celebrating the joy of being with Jesus as the community of the forgiven.
- Following by faith in Jesus the righteous new life of his Kingdom.
- Avoiding the blindness, powerlessness and judgementalism that comes from thinking we are righteous in ourselves.
- How does Jesus’ personal mission statement “I came not to call the righteous, but sinners” (v17) shape our attitude to walking together with him as his church?
- How can we sincerely engage with one another in the “joy of our salvation” (Psalm 51:12) , that lies at the core of walking together with Jesus?
- How can we positively, humbly, non judgementally inspire each other to follow the righteous path of our new life in God’s Kingdom through faith in Jesus?