Walking together with Jesus 8 – Partnership with God and His work
Walking together with Jesus means:
- Hearing the words of Jesus, that he our teacher has for us!
- Becoming more and more like Jesus, because his teaching comes with God’s supreme power to make things happen
- being delivered from evil as Jesus’ presence and teaching confronts and deals with it with supreme authority
- One of Martin Luther’s main principles in the time of the Reformation of the church is “Sola Scriptura” – “by Scriptures alone”. This means the Christian Scriptures are the sole source of authority for Christian faith and practice that cannot be wrong. Why is this principle so important for us as a church?
- What experience have you had of Jesus’ teaching changing your life?
- How can we help one another resist evil and overcome it in Jesus, as we walk together with him?
- Desiring communion and fellowship with the Father (v35). Jesus demonstrated the secret of his growth and impact by his constant communion with the Father.
- Being Kingdom Minded (v36-38). Jesus was able to focus on the task of the father by avoiding distractions from the men.
- Walking in the authority of the Spirit (v39). Jesus had authority to go into every city to preach and cast out demons because of God’s Spirit at work in Him.
- What practical ways can we be determined to maintain a constant communion with the Father?
- What are some of the things we’ve observed as the major distractions or impediments to our constant communion with the Father?
- How can we contribute to the corporate devotion as a church in walking with Jesus?
- What are the ways we can be able to influence our colleagues, friends, neighbours, classmates for the kingdom’s sake?
- How can we trust the Holy Spirit to use us in reaching out to our environment with miracles and signs following us?
- How can we take authority over our lives and families in the place of prayer by stopping demonic operations… healing the sick amongst us and banishing the spirit of fear and timidity?