1 Peter 1:3-13, 20-21
“The Goal of hope – the return of Jesus that puts all things into perspective”
- Jesus’ return is the goal to look towards in the journey of life, that puts everything in true perspective.
- Making Jesus’ future physical return our goal releases indescribable joy in us now because of being in his loving presence already.
- What God is doing now – is testing and growing our faith and hope in Jesus’ return.
QUESTIONS FOR DISCUSSION IN FAMILIES OR ONLINE GROUPS:
- How does looking forward to the second coming of Christ give perspective for your life in the present?
- How has God strengthened your faith through allowing testing trials in your life?
- How does preparing our minds for action, and being sober-minded, help us to set our hope fully on the grace that will be brought to us at the revelation of Jesus Christ (v13)?